Monday, June 22, 2009

7 Months!

I figured it was high time Skyler has his own blog, where we can share updates about Skyler with family and friends. So here it is. Welcome everyone.

Skyler just turned 7 months on the 19th of June, and weighed in at 12 pounds 15 ounces and measured 62cm long. He's almost able to sit up entirely unassisted now. He can go for a good 5 minutes without tipping over if no one is holding him, and when I sit him in my lap he can sit there for quite a while without me helping him in any way. He's great at standing up straight and has super strong legs. He loves to kick me if I let him sleep in our bed. (Most of the time I don't because I get kicked up against the wall!)

His new favourite thing is bathtime with mommy every night before bed. He loves to splash and kick and "swim" in the tub, and it cools him off and washes away all the sweat and stickiness from the day. After his bath he has some milk and he's pretty much off to dreamland without a complaint.

He's basically sleeping through the night now except for his midnight feeds and last time he decided to wake up at 4 am and have a rousing conversation with me and daddy. He does that sometimes. After he was done talking, laughing, yelling and drooling in our hair he decided it was back to bed time and passed right back out. Crazy kid. He's definitely ours.

It's hard to believe my little tiny baby is actually seven months already. The time really does fly by. It's hard to imagine that in five months he will be a year old. I know it seems like I'm getting ahead of myself but the time has passed by so fast already I know that if I blink I'll miss it and he'll be all grown up. Anyway he and daddy are in dreamland and it's time for mommy to have some "me time" so I'll post more later. :P

~Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment